Thursday, August 6, 2009

5 O'clock Shadow

I was walking home from work today, and I thought my shadow was pretty cute.



It was hard to take this picture holding my little train case and my parasol, but I managed. I got a picture with more parasol, but in this one, the wind caught my dress just as it snapped, so it has a bit more character than the others I took.

And this is the dress I was wearing:



I didn't make this one. I found--or rather my friend found--this when we were in New York a couple years ago. It was from a place called Cheap Jack's. It was a little big on me, but when I got it home, I took the sides in a little. Which was more difficult than I had imagined it would be, because there was a side zipper. So I had to take the zipper out, take both sides in, then put a new zipper in. It was worth the trouble.

Oh, it's a cute one. I got a lot of compliments on it today.

4 comments:

lsaspacey said...

How did the bridesmaid dress work out? Can't wait to see pics.

Amanda W. said...

I love it. I was just thinking this morning of making something similar. Oh, how I wish I would actually do it. :)

carlita dee said...

The shadow shot is worth your troubles -- very cute.

Love the dress to pieces, and you've made it fit perfectly.

Sugardale said...

Isaspacey,

The bridesmaid is going to send me some wedding photos, so sometime after the 8th I'll have those.

I think it turned out well. It is really pretty.