Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Lesson In Runway Music

Now, this is some good music to present fashion by: Sidney Bechet's The Grabtown Grapple
I took a collections class at Mesa College in the Spring of 2007, and that is what I came up with. I am proud of these first designs, but I think that since then I have progressed in both design, and sewing, and have settled into a look that I really love working with.

I had one Fashion Show after this at the Museum of Contemporary Art's TNT, and having modeled for both this one and that, I have decided I don't want to model anymore. I hate wearing make-up, I would rather be the "behind the scenes" person, and I would like to see my stuff walk the runway. 
I will have another fashion show coming up in the Spring of 2009 at Mesa College, that so far I will have two pieces in. I might take this same "collections class" independently and create another line again, but we'll see.


No comments: